Latest version details

Recent History

PayPal Checkout Cookies

Amazon Shipping VTR

#1 06-06-2018 01:39 pm

Juliag
Juliag

Click and Drop - Average Weight

Please can someone help?  Have you switched from DMO using average weights to Click and Drop?  Please tell me what you're now doing about parcel weights?

There seems to be a new Royal Mail product called ProShipping (as pointed out by gpalmer454 this morning).  I wonder if this would be more suitable as it says it supports average weights.  But there doesn't seem to be much info about this service and the information I've found isn't written too well.... as if they've thrown it online in a hurry!  It does look quite similar to DMO

(this is all rather irritating as I eventually switched from OBA to DMO a year ago!!)

#2 07-06-2018 07:52 pm

Ben
Admin
Ben

Re: Click and Drop - Average Weight

Royal Mail have not provided enough information yet to give a clear picture on the exact benefits of Pro Shipping vs Click and Drop. Most of our customers using C&D would not necessarily benefit from the label printing feature, and the process appears to be much the same. For example it allows bulk imports, and can then print labels. It is certainly going to be a step up from DMO in some ways, but Click and Drop also has much of this.

The new Pro Shipping says it supports the average weight services, so at the moment we believe this just refers to services that
you can be charged on an average weight. Such as CRL for example.

In terms of how to accurately get shipment weights and formats, there are two main options:

• Use the built in lookup to acquire weights or Package values (which can then be used in Shipping Rules)

• Use information pulled in from your eBay, Amazon and other platform listings (Express addon required for eBay)

Providing accurate weight and format data is one of the biggest challenges that using RM presents, but if you can add it to your listing details that is usually the easiest way.

We will look to support "Pro Shipping" but Packing Partner already supports Click and Drop with a direct integration from the program. As DMO is being withdrawn imminently and the sales platforms are applying more pressure for tracking information, I would recommend that you get the ball rolling on Click and Drop. We can help you set it up as part of our advanced paid support or you can do it yourself using the help guides.

As we gain more information about Pro Shipping we will be able to see the benefits, where applicable, more clearly. The processes of booking shipments in, getting labels & tracking numbers will likely be very similar in either case.

#3 07-06-2018 10:54 pm

Juliag
Juliag

Re: Click and Drop - Average Weight

Thank you for your reply.  We currently don't have exact weights on our firepages website - but if we did would the following be possible? 
> Use information pulled in from your eBay, Amazon and other platform listings

I do have a field in listings where I can put in the weight (actually it's my MPN box).

Board footer