Recent History

PayPal Checkout Cookies

Amazon Shipping VTR

#1 22-08-2016 12:00 pm

nickhobbs
nickhobbs

Feature request: Email rules

Hi

It would be really useful if we can implement rules to determine which email message to send out.

I had a customer recently tell me the email notifications they received are not ideal as we did not include anything indicating it related to their eBay purchase so they thought it was SPAM.

Unfortunately we cannot have rules to determine the sales channel (or carrier etc) so the automated email messages have to be generic.

It would be great if the automated emails can have rules applied, such as we have with shipping rules for example, and better if not limited to just 2 conditions :-) Then we can tailor the emails to the sales channel, and the shipping service that is used, etc.

Many thanks,

Nick

#2 24-08-2016 10:02 am

Andrew
Admin
Andrew

Re: Feature request: Email rules

You can include fields in the email that relate to the purchase and channel.

I am just finishing a new release of Packing Partner, but look into adding something to choose which emails are sent, in the next release.

#3 15-10-2016 08:28 pm

nickhobbs
nickhobbs

Hi Andrew

Just wondering when the new release of Packing Partner is likely to be ready, and if you can give a hint of what is to come? :)

Thanks

#4 16-10-2016 01:11 pm

Andrew
Admin
Andrew

We have had quite a few changes to deal with lately on eBay, Amazon and PayPal, so the release has been put back until the new year.

The new version mainly addresses couriers needing weights and sizes for parcels, and Royal Mail's size constraints. e.g. 1 of an item can go Large Letter but two would need to be parcel. At the moment, there is no easy way to determine that.

I think the email selection needs to be more flexible than rules will allow, so it's probably best to implement that as a scripting option, where a script can determine the template and change the content of it.

Board footer